Darlo Higher Education is a leading provider of higher education advisory services. Since 2011, we have been helping organisations build capability and competency in higher education, and have an established group of academics from leading universities.
In our efforts to help existing and aspiring higher education providers to work on their academic compliance and regulation matters, Darlo Higher Education is committed to building internal capabilities and skills for independent, private higher education organisations.
Darlo Higher Education, a leading higher education consultant, is seeking academics to review course and curriculum. The main duties will be to review, to assess, and to evaluate the quality of higher education curriculum.
The role will involve reviewing:
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Qualifications
- Relevance and accuracy of materials to academic standards
- Graduate attributes and learning outcomes
- Scholarship as to theory and evidence base
- Assessment tasks and outcomes
- Course structure and unit selection
- And many other criteria …
If interested, you may also be invited to contribute to curriculum design and renewal. If selected, you will join our Academic Experts Register.
As a selected academic specialist, you will be provided contract assignments as they arise.
The main duties of academics on the Academic register will be to:
- review academic curriculum in your field of specialisation against disciplinary standards
- review academic curriculum against the TEQSA Threshold Standards
- submit reports and recommendations to the higher education provider
- provide recommendations to the provider on course quality and curriculum for potential submissions to higher education.
You will be eligible for a range of assignments, having a priority as an expert reviewer. This means you will be contacted when a request is accepted and receive compensation for a one-time review. The assignments are short-term consultancies, ideal for those looking for extra projects and to contribute to building academic standards and integrity for private higher education providers. Would ideally suit practising academics, lecturers, and semi-retired/retired academics.
Assignments typically last between 2 and 5 days.
Academic reviewers will be compensated above industry standards for assignments.
The main selection criteria:
- PhD in any multidisciplinary areas including IT, business, management, accounting, health sciences, nursing, education, etc.
- Teaching experience in a university or private higher education provider.
- Academic publications, conferences etc.
- Experience in teaching and learning and course design.
- Knowledge of TEQSA Threshold Standards.
- Empathy towards students and educational providers working in the higher education sector.
- Fairness and reasonableness in dealing with reviews of academic courses.
- Concern for confidentiality on projects.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Above industry standards for assignments.
Your application will be reviewed by an academic committee. If accepted, you will receive details and correspondence on the DHE Academic Experts Register.
To apply to join the DHE Academic Experts Register, apply below.